Tuesday, January 18, 2005

i can just tell everyone is dying to find out how my first day at freaks-united-imcb went. but first... a few things to address:
1. bird you're freakier than me cos i hate bloody concept maps!
2. big clip girl so does not look like me :(
3. we should find a new name for XXX cos we called someone else XXX the last time.
4. just thought i'd say hi to lava hot sarabird. hahahahahhaha
5. why do ppl think i've got mixed blood? don't my tiny eyes and er, used-to-be-black hair scream: i'm chinese through and through? [the only type of mixed blood i've got is hainanese-cantonese-hokkien]

ok and now. imcb...
well i was actually early this time. most unlike jobshadowing during the holidays. 5 of us from rj. me, cindy, derek, edwin and gabriel. (eee why does everyone have english names??) and after today i have come to the conclusion that 3/4 of them are nice. the last person still has 2 more days to make a good impression so i'm waiting! we started off with a safety briefing which reassured me that i was right when i crossed lab work off my future careers list. then off to the lab where we got paired off with ppl from other schools. my partner's charissa from rg who unfortunately reminds me a bit of mdm teng's daughter. but she's really nice. the morning was then spent pipetting stuff out of tubes into other tubes, feeling stupid next to overzealous guys on my right and worrying about the growling from my stomach. what fun. the guys finished their expts early and so left for lunch without me and cindy. charming. [oh i almost forgot about the weird dunman guy who thought he was so incredibly charming and suave and felt that all the girls in the lab should be falling all over themselves just to get a piece of him. seriously, get a life. i don't think any guy except lava hot jude law could get away with that.]

hmmm so without lunch dates we hung out with the rg girls. lunch at holland v. they're so so funny! and one of them has like the cutest smile ever.... after a 2 hour lunch break, we went back to continue an intensive session of pipetting and waiting. i can just see how fulfilling lab work is already.

well i'm sorry this entry is so boring. but i think it an apt representation of my day...... and one last thing (i can't quite call it a joke) our mentor told us today:
he: you guys must support bacteria a lot.
us: why?? (please the suspense is killing us)
he: because that's the only culture you have!!
cue--- laugh. ha ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home